|Oh, my, skin! |
Everyone has those freak out moments! Especially when it comes to acne prone, flaky, or oily skin. It somehow just sets your confidence level to a major low. Really, all you need is a tune up routine! If you try your best, and keep at it, having great skin can become just a big "phew".
1. Wash your face with a good cleanser formulated specifically for your problem. I would suggest reading through some reviews about the cleanser online before purchasing it. Some cleansers won't always work as well as commercial advertisements say they do, so stock up on your research. In the long run, you'll be glad you did!
2. Use your cleanser every morning and before bedtime. You shouldn't overdose, because it can dry up your skin. Use lukewarm water and wash GENTLY for 30 to 45 seconds. Keeping up may be difficult, but I would recommend not missing a day. Your issue could spring back just as fast as it went away. Tip: After encountering chlorine or dirt makes sure to cleanse right when you get the chance!
3. 3 syllables, 10 letters. Ding, ding! We have a winner- moisturize! This is one step that leads to smooth, healthy looking skin. Some moisturizers are made exclusively for certain parts of your body. The only kind you'll probably need is a body lotion, face moisturizer, and hand lotion. Like I mentioned earlier, do some background checks and use them daily as a part of your daily routine. Remember not to overload! Like they say, too much of a good thing is not always good. Tip: Try a face moisturizer or body lotion with SPF 15 to protect your skin from too much sun!
4. Zap away zits! Acne medications (check it out like always) with benzyl peroxide or salicylic acid reduce oil and dry out zits. Do not, under any circumstances, over apply the medication or use it for too long, because this can create a really dry patch. Read the directions in back of the tube to make sure your doing it correctly. Even if the results seem sparse, give it a month or two to kick into high gear! You could be surprised with the results! Whatever you do, the major rule in the pimpled game is to not pop it! All your doing is irritating it, and therefore giving it it's goal to scar you for life (literally!) Tip: If you can't afford a medication then put a pea sized amount of toothpaste on the zit to dry it out for 15 minutes. After that, you should put some ice on it to help calm any redness.
5. You're all set! It might SEEM complex and hard to follow, but if you do then you're not far from your goal for clean, healthy skin!