TIPS FOR SUCCESSFUL PARTIES
By: Maggie, 10 (aka MissM)
you want to have a birthday party that’s fun, but
your parents say you have a budget? Here’re a few
suggestions for a cheap, but still awesome party:
- Invite a few friends for a party at your
house. The best way to manage your budget is to
keep it under four friends.
- Make a list of what you want—but don’t be
too specific—and be prepared for compromises.
- Go budget shopping at your grocery store.
You can receive extra savings by using a store
card if you already have one. Look for items on
sale and simple foods that you can get cheap,
such as pretzels and microwave popcorn. A fun
drink is flavored seltzer, and it’s usually
cheap, too. Remember to also look for goody-bag
supplies on sale, and be creative.
- Instead of buying a cake, try baking one at
home, or buy ice cream and chocolate syrup for
sundaes as a substitute. For dinner have a
home-baked meal, a barbecue, or even treat your
friends to pizza at your house.
- Find a movie to watch around your house, or
ask your friends to bring their best movies and
vote together. Then, microwave some popcorn and
have a movie-fest.
- You can end the party after dinner, or have
a sleepover. Decide with your friends before you
begin so you know what they’re comfortable with,
and pick a date so everyone can come.
- Have a great time! Put on some cool music
and have a dance contest, or play a board game.